Darco Ortho Wedge ST Light
The OrthoWege-ST light is the modified version of the OrthoWedge-ST.
The breathable upper, the light EVA-sole and the removable insole are particular features of the shoe.
The DARCO OrthoWedge™ is clinically proven to reduce weight bearing pressure on the forefoot which promotes faster healing after surgery, trauma or when forefoot wounds or ulcerations are present.
Features & Benefits
- 15˚ Wedge Sole effectively shifts body weight to the midfoot and heel. Reduces forefoot pressure by as much as 57%!
- Square Toe Design acts as a bumper to protect the toes when k-wires are present and provides better Left/Right fit.
- Ankle Strap seats foot firmly in shoe to reduce heel slippage and eliminate friction.
- Removable Forefoot Closure provides security while eliminating buckle pressure.
- Zoned Outsole has an aggressive tread under the mid-foot where traction is needed most.
- Removable Insole features twice the padding of standard insoles and can be modified as needed. Insole can be totally removed to accommodate DARCO’s innovative Peg Assist™ customizable off-loading insole.
57% Reduction in Met Head Pressure: Peak Pressure drops from 19PSI to 8PSI
75% Reduction in Great Toe Pressure: Peak Pressure drops from 17PSI to 4PSI
A Time Tested Option
Incidences of diabetes are at an all time high with the level of newly reported cases up a staggering 48% in the last 10 years*. In many cases, the resulting neuropathic limbs mean that diabetic ulcers on the feet are a distinct and very dangerous possibility. Since pressure and abrasion are the enemies of wound care, the OrthoWedge™ is designed to naturally reduce the number of steps taken by the patient while still allowing them to ambulate when necessary. The DARCO OrthoWedge™ has been tested under fire in both clinical and real world settings and continues to produce outstanding results. When forefoot off-loading is required to allow wounds/ulcerations under the metatarsal heads and toes to heal, nothing beats the OrthoWedge™.