Aequalis Resurfacing Humeral Head
A simple solution for anatomic resurfacing of the humeral head, the Aequalis® Resurfacing Head offers an easy and effective option in cases of hemiarthroplasty.
With its intuitive and reproducible ancillary instruments, this implant favors mini-invasive approaches. In the event of revision, it preserves bone stock.
This anatomic implant has been specially designed to:
- Restore the center of rotation and biomechanics of the glenohumeral joint
- Re-establish the anatomic muscle tension
- Reproduce the anatomy of the humeral head
The Aequalis® Resurfacing Head is indicated as a total or hemi shoulder joint replacement where the humeral head and neck are of sufficient bone stock and the rotator cuff is intact or reconstructable.
The replacement of the joint with this device is indicated to relieve severe pain or significant disability caused by degenerative pathologies: osteoarthrisis, rheumatoid arthritis, post-traumatic arthrisis, primary and secondary necrosis of the humeral head.
The Aequalis® Resurfacing Head is intended for uncemented use only.
- Adaptable to every anatomy
- Simple, precise and reproducible anatomic reconstruction: less invasive surgery, user-friendly instrumentation
- Excellent press-fit primary fixation thanks to its geometry
- Optimum secondary fixation achieved by its surface aspect